Job reference - 36009
- The role is based in East Tamaki, Auckland
- A strong business forged on decency moving to the next level
- One of NZ's most progressive, independent mechanical repair operations
About Quattra Mechanical
Quattra Mechanical was first formed in 1997. The company is a large mechanical repair business across the heavy diesel/equipment, transport, fleet, and mechanical engineering sectors. Employing 26 staff with planned growth, this facility has a reputation for ethical business practices and reliability.
Services include maintenance and repairs to earthmoving plant, trucks, fleet vehicles, outdoor products/ancillary equipment. Additionally, other services include auto electrical, fabrication, and welding.
Approaching a period of revitalised growth, the appointed General Manager will be required to work alongside the Directors/Shareholders.
The role and its responsibilities
At the role's core, you will manage all aspects of a successful heavy diesel mechanical repair business. You will lead the divisional service managers, forepersons, and the admin and technical teams. You will be responsible for all commercial business affairs of the company as well as the delivery of superior outcomes for the clients and shareholders.
- Compliance, reporting, and KPI's
- Sound compliance management: OSH, Environmental, Immigration, Employment Relations, Fair Trading, Human Rights, Privacy, and compliance with regulatory bodies such as NZTA. and other local or national governmental agencies
- Enhance KPI's for workshop operations; productivity, efficiency, utilisation, rework, analysing parts profit, using real time data. Use data to maximise profit, efficiencies, and motivation
- Monthly accountability for financials and competent fiscal management. Audit job management, accounts payable/receivable, and accounting. Audit parts purchasing, price monitoring etc.
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly and year end reports to shareholders
- Key point of contact for all legislative bodies such as NZTA, INZ, WorkSafe, etc.
- Ensure a safe, clean, professionally presented, and efficiently operated business
- Identify, record, manage and control risk
- Relationships and upskilling
- Lead by example and build sound staff relations
- Upskill service managers, forepersons, and admin manager on how to measure KPI's and the importance of reporting and managing them
- Identify skills gaps, build skills, and grow the team
- Implement formal staff retention programs
- Build warm key customer relationships. Visit and catch up regularly
- Dealing with escalated disputes and queries
- Treat your suppliers like clients and build relationships of value
- Negotiate with suppliers on discounts and supply
- Development, marketing, and IT
- Promote the business and engagement with the team through social media, web presence, and SEO, and investigate other channels such as AI
- Acknowledge and reward performance and success
- Development of new and profitable channels of business
- Further develop website, imagery, and external presentation
- Ensure DMS system and other software remains fit for purpose
- Employment relations
- Recruitment of all staff - technical, supervisors, administrators, apprentices, and contractors
- Developing retention programs, enhance staff morale, make your staff feel valued. Oversee incentives personally. Empower your staff
- Manage conflicts, enforce discipline. Set and communicate expectations clearly
- Deliver weekly staff meetings that motivate
- Oversee six weekly morning toolbox safety meetings. Informative and general staff meetings including all staff
A full job description is provided upon request
Skills and qualifications required
Proven experience managing large technical teams, ideally with a motor industry focus across heavy diesel equipment, transport or automotive, materials handling, farm machinery or similar equipment.
Applications from commercially skilled managers from other mechanical/engineering disciplines may also be considered.
Strong commercial acumen and the ability to deliver on compliance, standards, and financial reporting requirements.
A mechanical trade related qualification would be ideal coupled with other tertiary study although we are open to considering other skills or experience.
The challenge and reward
This is a senior management role providing an attractive salary, company vehicle, and other benefits.
Quattra Mechanical is an employer of choice and well positioned for growth moving towards the future.
How to apply
Click the apply section to upload your resume or visit jobcorp.co.nz/jobs and type General Manager into the quick search bar
A job description can be requested bycalling Russell.
Call Russell Phillips on 027 479 0000 or 0800 67 57 47 for a confidential discussion.