Job reference - 35833
- $35 - $40 per hour
- Excellent company benefits
- Room to grow and advance your career within the company
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. Build your future with Jobcorp.
About the Employer
Based in the Rodney district, for decades our client has been providing products and solutions to extend the life of critical equipment with the appointment of an additional Fitter Turner. The company is involved in a range of industrial machine rebuilds and associated equipment.
Now, they're looking to extend the team with a new Fitter Turner. In this role there will be various clients to work with and a close team of support.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of high-quality work.
You will be part of an experienced team working on the installation, maintenance across power generation, refining, marine and rail, mining and industrial applications. You'll be delivering field machining and mechanical solutions to support our site mechanical maintenance fitters. Based in the Rodney district, your work could be in our workshops but more often out on client sites often in remote locations.
- General machining
- Using lathes, mills, etc.
- Fitting tasks including work on heavy rotating equipment and other machinery
- Prior experience working in an industrial environment
- Equivalent Level 4 trade qualification in Fitting and Turning. You may also have skills aligned to this sector such as being an automotive machinist
- Role includes both mechanical duties and machining work that requires you to work to high tolerances and accuracy
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed to a safe working practices and quality procedures
- Overtime is available, the business is successful, and right now extended and flexible hours constitute part of the role, to which you will be well rewarded
We are accepting applications nationally and will also consider applications from those prepared to relocate nationally. International applications will also be considered, though you need to be prepared to relocate promptly in line with visa processing requirements.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, then we encourage you to apply.
Industry rates equivalent to leading roles will be negotiated. Excellent benefits, and opportunities for career growth and advancement exist.
This is a full time, permanent role offering a minimum of 40 hours per work.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Jobcorp for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.jobcorp.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.